Mitzpeh, the independent student-run publication catering to the University of Maryland’s Jewish community, is looking to fill several positions for the spring 2017 semester. To apply, use the links provided below.
You do NOT have to be Jewish to be on staff.
Editorial positions come with small honoraria. All positions will be a great experience for those looking to get involved in on-campus journalism.
Section editor — news
It is the section editors’ responsibility to work with writers to develop stories for their respective sections.
- Attends staff meetings and story assignment meetings. Pitches story ideas.
- Assigns articles to writers and photo assignments to photographers.
- Ensures section’s stories and photos are submitted by deadline.
- Edits articles.
- Updates the Mitzpeh website with section’s articles.
To apply, click here and email email@example.com a resume and 2-3 writing samples, preferably as links.
- Pitches at least 1-2 story ideas to editors per cycle across any section
- Writes articles/stories/op-eds each month.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and 2-3 writing samples, preferably as links. Please describe your interest in the position.
- Covers news events.
- Shoots and designs graphics for features, sports, and opinion stories.
To apply, email email@example.com with a description of your background and interest in the position.